Friday, December 14, 2012

Thank you Santa!

Many of you who follow my blog regularly know that I participated in a One Room Challenge this Summer. I redid my living room. During that time I found a pair of X ottomans that I enhanced and refurbished. I added architectural details in the form of moldings and circles on each and then lacquered them each black....but it took months to find the perfect fabric and then it arrived this week from England...just in time for the holidays!
 

When I took them into the upholsterer they insisted they would not be able to get them done as they were inundated in a pre-holiday rush...everyone wanting the same thing....of course! However, my favorite elf in the back of the shop worked extra hard to get them done for me...and did them right away! I picked them up yesterday!


Now I am going to share a little secret with all of you...consider it my Christmas gift....I have discovered the greatest resource for designer grade fabrics and more...at wholesale prices...the LADC (L.A. Design Concepts)  has been in business for over 20 years and offers a 30-40% discount on all the best fabrics and furnishings available on the market today. Essentially they give consumers access to "trade only" merchandise.

The staff is just the nicest and the service is excellent! I have been completely impressed with everything I have ordered. The process is simple. In the case of fabrics, you contact them for a sample(s) of  the fabrics you are interested in. After you receive them and decide on your selections you fill out a simple form with your credit card details and "voila" the fabrics are sent to you immediately directly from the vendor.


 
For this project I used a beautiful Zoffany fabric...and I have pillows being completed today in this wonderful Designer's Guild fabric. With the help of LADC I don't have to work with a designer to get access to my favorite fabrics! Oh the possibilities....stay tuned!


 
Happy Holidays! XO



6 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous!! That color is so fun!
    Thanks so much for your Christmas Secret! I have added it to me Bookmarks for any future needs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful beautiful beautiful. The perfect finishing touch to your wonderful room! Susan at Romancing the Home

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great job - that fabric is beautiful. I think they look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful choice! They look sooo great..thanks for the fabric tip! And Merry Christmas Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those fabulous X-benches are the perfect touch to your beautiful living room. I also adore the wreaths and pink accents! You did a great job, Emily!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...