Monday, June 25, 2012

Refreshing the Family Room...Part Deux

In my last post I "toured" my recent update in my family room.... here's a quick overview...

What I love most about our family room is the abundance of light in the room and that it opens directly onto our "outdoor family room" so when the french doors are open it feels like we live outside...just inside!


Here are a few "close ups" of the space after some simple changes...


The coffee table is as large as the original door...I didn't change a thing ....


I love the new lighting and what it does for the ambiance of the space...


This cabinet offers great storage and I inherited it from my Grandmother...one of my favorite pieces!


                     Bookshelf art...



I love a little side table too....


A glass cylinder filled with a large candle and fun items from nature I collect and add and change over time...

One of my treasured flea market finds...a blue marble bowl from Italy...as well other color coordinated items....

2 comments:

  1. It looks great! Your buitl-in's are stunning, and the coffee table (aka door) is the touch of whimsy that I love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Emily! It looks so inviting.
    Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...