Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Girlfriend's Closet....

Do you ever have those moments when you are somewhat bored with your wardrobe and yet you don't really need anything? I remember as a teenager always having friends borrowing my things and vice versa. Somehow this practice fell by the wayside as I grew older...and in reality that is definitely okay but I was pondering on that thought today....I wonder why as grown up girls we don't really share so much anymore...here is what I came up with....

As we age our personal style often becomes more defined and our individuality shines through. As silly as it sounds... what we wear is an integral part of our aura and uniqueness.... I think borrowing becomes less attractive simply because we've come into our own and we want to represent our own creativity and comfort through our own choices.

On the very pragmatic side, maybe we borrowed more as girls because we didn't have access to a credit card and the ability to use it!

Whatever the reason I thought it would be fun to pretend today to go  "shopping" in a stylish friend's closet ....just like in those teenage years (except with better choices in my girlfriends closet today)  I think these would be a few must haves!



                  I would wear this fabulous dress with a great high heeled black leather boot!

                              (Merci': Fashionista)


          This would be great with suede boots, leggings, jeans...the possibilities are endless...

                             (Merci':NellyRetardo)


I love everything about this ensemble except the umbrella...no rain please when I have borrowed  any one's anything!

                             (Merci':Leenfanterrible)


I probably wouldn't have to borrow this one because hopefully a version of this would be in my closet already! LOVE!


                (Merci':Pinterest)

Where could I go in this? Hmm...I would find an occasion.

                             ( Merci':StyleTrove)



          This would be great way to put a cool new twist on the black suit for a Power Lunch.
                            
If I borrow this I better have the dry cleaner on speed dial...but it would be worth it!



A woman can always use a few more bangles.....

                                       (Merci':WeHeartIt)


This little black number is a perfect sexy party dress... I'd like a more sleek streamline skirt- maybe to the floor? It's probably in bad taste however to borrow a dress and have it altered to my liking though isn't it? ( Can you imagine the nerve?) Oh well...this is one of those instances where I  will look for a version of this that is more "ME".


                            (Merci':VogueLovesMe)

1 comment:

  1. Heya i'm for the first time here. I came across this board and
    I find It really useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and aid others like you helped me.


    Stop by my blog - watch movies

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...