Friday, December 2, 2011

Decorating Daze.. "Première Partie!" (part one)

Our Living Room is a fun space to decorate because of the fireplace!  I always begin there with my holiday decorations! A mantle just calls to us decorista types..."oh the design possibilities"...throughout the year...but Christmas just makes me go a little crazy on that little shelf (quite apparently... see below). My inspiration this year was the beach. I absolutely love the beach! I am at the beach through all four seasons so I decided to bring the beach to me for Christmas in celebration of such a wonderful place!  

I always use natural and fresh elements in all of my designs. Most of the items on this display I already had or found in my garden. Dried hydrangea and fresh boxwood are easily accessible. I also design all of my wreaths and bows and baubles myself. I decided to not use candles this year and go with Christmas lights used throughout the display. I love all the natural colors as they compliment the natural palate in the room.





















I love to see presents placed in color coordinated collections as a design element at Christmas. The inside of our baby grand piano is a perfect place to display fun faux packages! My son loves helping me with all my design work so he did the arrangement in the piano...



I love that he added the white "Christmas Mouse" among the packages. Can you find it? That little mouse was handmade by my son's great grandmother years ago...let's just say that is the ONLY mouse I ever want to see in our Maison!





















The stairway banister just off our living room is a wonderful area to decorate with fresh greens and blue and brown bows and white birds...with beading and white lights and a few ornaments too!






White birds are just such a wonderful design element and I love that they represent PEACE.





Stella, my little helper and ornament thief takes a break from all the heavy lifting!






......and now for a couple of previews of the Christmas Tree and the Dining Room that will be featured in upcoming Decorating Daze posts and then we will move onto other spaces from there.......








Here are some of my Past Christmas Designs as well. I have also completed Decorating Daze Part Two. and Decorating Daze Part Three. and Decorating Daze, The Finale.

4 comments:

  1. Emily, this looks fantastic! My kids would love it if I would go "all out" like this....great job! I'm looking forward to part 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beyond fabulous, I would love to come to your house for cocktails!
    The presents in the grand piano are just the best, it reminds me of a scene from a stylish 50's movie and your wrapping is sublime, what beautiful home you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous home. Wow. And I love the piano with the gifts. Thank you so much for linking up. Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! Your piano!!! I decorated my piano on top ~ never thought about the inside!!! :D That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...