Saturday, November 5, 2011

Once Upon a Time on a Saturday in Autumn...

I love Autumn!
In fact, I remind myself every year in late February or March when Winter is getting too long that I love all the Seasons. I  moved back from Los Angeles 22 years ago because I missed the wonderful sights and smells (and fashions) of Fall!
I was born in Europe but raised in the Midwest.
I find a beautiful Autumn day one of Nature's most delightful gifts. 
So today...
      I am dreaming in technicolor
as Fall begins to edge towards Winter...
imagining my perfect Autumn day...
______________________________________________


I would wake up to a bright crisp morning....


(Merci': vintageblackboard) 

 having slept very restfully right here the night before...



and as light fills our bedroom I quietly sneak out letting my husband sleep in...



(Merci': The Home)


and as I pass my cozy reading nook (which I love)... I think how luxurious it is to have hours to read..which is something I love to do but life seems to get in the way...

(Merci': Pinterest)




at my house in France or Italy or somewhere equally lovely (I'm flexible)...

(Merci': skonahem)



I go into my warm and toasty kitchen....


(Merci': My FrenchCountryHome)



and make myself a cappuccino mixed with hot chocolate because I am feeling particularly decadent.....

(Merci': BlackBoxDesserts)


and then go sit for a spell in my favorite chair while the house is still quiet....

(Merci': TheHome)



I  wander out to my veranda to see what the day brings .....


(Merci': 4InspiredDesign)


My children wake and we need to snuggle a bit to make the day just right...


(Merci': ciocci)


and after making them breakfast and doing the bare essentials for Saturday morning I go to my closet...


(Merci': Miles Redd for Town and Country)

Hmmm....I think I might wear this....


(Merci': The Vogue Diaries)

or maybe this if it is a wee bit brisk...

(Merci': Pinterest)


I get into my favorite blue truck (essential for all my flea marketing and treasure hunting and apple picking, etc)...



(Merci': My IdealHome)



and down the driveway I go with my husband and children squeezed in tow...ready for adventure...


(Merci': DebCoates via Pinterest)


On our drive through the countryside we see...


(Merci': The Designtraveller)


     beautiful colors and mist and fields of lavender
and Autumn produce.....

(Merci':Vintage Blackboard)


We make our way eventually to the local village....


(Merci': Pinterest)


strolling the streets of town is a must...visiting any farmer's markets or old bookstores that need my attention...



(Merci': MyIdealHome)






Lovin' the sunshine!

(Merci': ciocci)


Time for Lunch....




which includes....

Delicious wine, assorted cheeses and breads and of course, hot soup!



                                                                                          (Merci': ndjohn.co.uk.com)

                  Sauvignon Blanc for me please...Kim Crawford will do!


(Merci': chefmommybrandao.blogspot)



Since I love making soup I am game to try most anything...today my favorite bistro is serving a chicken vegetable chowder!



                                                              (Merci': WhiskandaPrayer)

Maybe a little taste ( I call it the"Mom Tax") of the kiddies mac and cheese....and of course warm chocolate chip cookies straight from the oven... taken in a bag "to go"...for later...okay maybe minutes later....yum!


                                                   (Merci': Tendercrumb.blogspot.com)





On the way home we pull the truck over and stop in a beautiful spot for an outdoor nap in the warm sunshine....

(Merci': VintageBlackboard)


By a colorful lazy river...


(Merci': iphoneapps)


Driving home in the late afternoon we look forward to...
(Merci'; rasberrytart.tumblr.com)


Ahh... the familiar sites and smells of home....

(Merci': decorativecountryliving)
(Merci': Misscutiepiegoes80's.blogspot.com)



We eat dinner outside with the fire roaring to keep us warm...

Followed by hot apple cider and s'mores over the fire...



(Merci': finnaussity.wordpress.com)

Holding hands and telling stories...

(Merci': StillLivingandDreaming)


Until it is time to go to bed...sleepily we make our way down the candle and twinkly lit hallway to our comfy king size bed and we all pile in and fall asleep while watching a wonderful old movie...
 Houseboat with Cary Grant and Sophia Loren!

 BONNE NUIT!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...