Sunday, November 13, 2011

Meandering through a Maison...Part Deux!

As I promised yesterday, I am continuing my private "tour" of one of the most magnificent historic private residences (outside of Newport, Rhode Island or the Hearst Castle in California) that I have have ever seen. The Cuneo Mansion near Chicago, Illinois is a Benjamin Marshall Home with Jens Jensen gardens. 

My post yesterday detailed some of the home's history. Today I am focusing on images throughout the home. What I loved most about these three hours of  bliss is that by being in a place so visually stimulating with the luxury of time and stillness in the space I got to see things that I wouldn't have been able to see on a guided tour....Please join me for Part Deux!


































The master bedroom had this wonderful niche set back with the bed tucked inside.


Mrs. Cuneo's shoes were still in her bathroom closet.





Mr. Cuneo's ties were still left in his closet as well. It made the space feel very personal.





I absolutely loved this door/mirror.










The leather doors were one of my favorite things in the house.














The study's private phone booth.










The private chapel inside the house.



This was my favorite leather door. Isn't it fab?


The kitchen and some of the china collections.











Au Revoir!

2 comments:

  1. I am shocked at how timeless the kitchen pantry is! This was such a nice "virtual" tour....I need to pinterest some of this

    ReplyDelete
  2. We actually commented on the same thing. We could be quite happy using the space today. The natural light and windows made the space very cheerful as well. Pinterest away! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...