Sunday, November 27, 2011

Holiday Reflections...

Before debuting this years trimmings I thought it would be fun to highlight some of the holiday decorating I have done in the past few years around our Maison!


Here is the hearth and living room....I begin each year decorating this area and then move throughout the house. We have wood burning fires throughout the Winter so this is one of my favorite spots in our home during the Season!
































Our dining room through recent years....


































It is fun to look back at our dining room when it was yellow with pink accents! I redid it this year in beautiful shades of blue and white and cream and loved having the new palate for holiday decorating. You can see the new dining room  at



 or you can wait for me to reveal my holiday decor in the new blue dining room very soon!




Paperwhites are a staple throughout the holidays! I also fill my home with white hydrangeas as well as you will see this year.




I have a couple of these three foot white lit trees that just look amazing at night.



LOVE boxwood wreaths...





I just love the smell of fresh greenery throughout the house!



Glass ornaments hang in all of our windows in our living room. Crystals hang on ribbons in our dining room windows as well. Our house is light-filled and I love the sparkle in the sunlight! A little jewelry for each room!








I have used either plaid ribbon and black and white checked ribbon  in recent years. This year (as you will see in a future post) I have decided to leave the urns a bit simpler- no ribbon- just white lights and blue/grey river pebbles.








Mother Nature sometimes lends a wonderful hand with holiday decor!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED the link to your new dining room :). I hate the picture of all that snow....but I must admit it is beautiful...just wish it wasn't cold!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...