Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Tree Trimmings...

The holiday shop at the Macy's State Street store in Chicago has some of the best ornaments and tree trimming ideas I have ever seen in a major department store...this year I made the trip right after Thanksgiving because it just gets me in the mood...immediately! Look at some of the details from this year's visit....there are hundreds of ornaments to choose from and every tree color under the rainbow!


 
 
 
 
 
 

 



 

and here are some inspiring images from around the store... I love looking at store displays for inspiring ideas...don't you?
This was huge and fabulous hanging from the ceiling....


This was one of my favorites in the bath department...towels have never looked so good! 


These branches were exquisite!



I love the idea of filling up a non-working hearth with color coordinated presents...clever and dramatic!


even this little tree (blurry as she may be...I guess I can't walk and take a pic at the same time) gave me a little inspiration for next year...

 
What is inspiring you this year as you decorate?

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful colors! Great that there is no ONE color that dominates!!! They all are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How glamorous! I love seeing Christmas displays in the big stores, it really does cheer me up. I am a Christmas decoration fanatic. I now need 2 trees because I have so many lovely baubles. I also have a collection of little Christmas animals from owls to pandas to donkeys and Lord knows what. I will not be stopped, it's crazy! Ha!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...