Saturday, April 25, 2015

stripes..checks & stuff...


Wow.. this Winter is hanging on here in the Midwest...but I am refreshing my inside spaces to push things along as I do every year...I love all the Seasons but really...it IS the end of April!

I (hopefully) will soon be putting all my energy into my outdoor spaces so I thought I would catch you up on my indoor musings this Spring...Loving my new fireplace decor...brass and white stripes on brass feet...swooning!

I also freshened up the mantle with a new vase and some white tulips! 



On a little shelf in my living room I wrapped one of the antique books in white and black striped paper for a little extra "pop" and to carry the theme....I found the brass stool on the right recently and styled it with a few coffee table books. I am using it as a fun door stop- it is very heavy and does the job brilliantly and I love it as a little vignette on it's own against the door.



I have been collecting brass serving pieces...this brass addiction isn't waning... lol...

A set of these were just too good to pass up as well...

these too...



I love PINK (I know...shocker!)as much as brass and when I stumbled upon these pink Lucite letters I just had to have them for my office!


My everyday spices have outgrown my spice cabinet next to my range so I decided to pretty them up nearby...plus I have another cook in the kitchen now (daughter trying out recipes) so things are now making it to the tray instead of being left around the kitchen...


I found this amazing and unusual collection of shells in an estate sale and since I can never pass up a magnificent shell or two (or forty)...they all found there way in this long birch bowl...I smile and think of the beach every time I look at them...



I also like to layer artwork...sometimes not hanging something works too...I found these interesting pieces and decided for now I like them as a duo under my console in my family room...



Checkmate!...A marble chess board (still waiting for me to find fab chess pieces) is currently serving as a tray for a fun Spring bloom...


My house is always filled with fresh blooms but this hot pink Hydrangea is just so fab...I can't find another one with as deep a pigment of pink...I better keep it watered!


When the weather became just too much this week I sprung for some peonies...I have a serious crush on PEONIES!


I also added some fun pink pops with white and pink to my dining room...



I just ordered these turkish towels....yes from Turkey...I hope they get here soon...because I have a fun idea for them for my dining room...I'll keep you posted!


Recently in Atlanta I was driving in a cute little hamlet and I happened upon this magnificent display of Azaleas...I can't wait until we have a fraction of this color outside our windows here!


Have a wonderful weekend! XO Emily



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...