Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Here and there....


Here's a random little update about what's been keeping me busy these last few months...

In January I threw a milestone birthday soiree for my friend ... I hosted a "girls night in" and I just had to make things colorful and pretty...the weather was freezing and the snow was flying...



Her signature cocktail was made with tequila (her fave), grapefruit with fresh lime juice...shaken...not stirred...delish! As Summer approaches I am going to "mix it" into my repertoire on a regular basis.


I have been trying to find fun and inspiring images to use as wall Art....I just love these!



This little trio will soon be framed and put somewhere in my spaces...



When the Winter nights get too long I get a little stir crazy and I am either moving furniture around or making jewelry...here is my latest creation.....


I have been doing some "home styling" projects for others as well... recently I put this fabulous collection of  vintage brass vases together with fresh blooms... on a big white lacquer tray...

It now holds court as the centerpiece of an elegant traditional dining room...bringing a little cool edginess to the space! I am obsessed with these...they were very hard to part with...













A very large nook of wood shelves were in need of an update...so I shopped for some elegant and textural accessories to mix in with items from the homeowners stash...the fabulous Indian headdress/juju was just the perfect accessory over the fireplace...(the size and scale of the picture makes it look smaller on the wall than it is in person)

...I love how the neutral tones with white brighten up the wood which can be pretty dark in the space...since there is so much going on on the shelves I like the subtle but sophisticated "pop"of the juju!



Close-ups...




Here is another cabinet that I styled along the way...


 

I also thought this was a unique way to accessorize using a cloche...my son recently made me this sweet Japanese water color...I didn't want to frame it so I put it in a nook in my bookshelf under glass using a clear plate stand...


Speaking of cloches...I used another antique one on a bench....with a shell ball and a brass tray...kinda fun for now...



Now that the weather is turning warmer I am starting to think about my outside spaces and can't wait to start putting things together outside...XO Emily



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...