Monday, May 6, 2013

Showing Off a Show House!


Recently I was fortunate enough to be able to visit a show house in a North Shore neighborhood close by. Every two years a historic home is featured to fund a local charity. Designers are handpicked to furnish and refurbish rooms...the owner has to be game...

This home is one that I have walked by numerous times and wondered what it was like inside. It is an Italianate-style gem along the shore of Lake Michigan...please join me for a quick tour...my favorite things about the home are the amazing courtyard and grounds that overlook the lake....and this fabulous entry door!





Entering the courtyard....


Statues lined the property inside and out....



These amazing artistic stone and pebble paths lined the interior of the courtyard space...


A wonderful fountain helped set the scene...








The view of the house from inside the courtyard...


 One of my favorite groupings of plantings....


and now for the view of the magnificent back grounds...








 

I am completely besotted with this marble bench...











a view of the back of the home....



I had already snapped a few of my favorite images when I was informed that pictures were not encouraged in the interior spaces...so here's a sneaky peek...shhh...we won't tell....








Everything is for sale and I almost walked away with these hot pink grapes...but I showed restraint....


Here's a little fun thing...a few items...including the green tray below in the bar...were purchased from my partner and myself... from our little booth... for use within the show house....


If you are in the Chicago area and are interested in attending please click here for more details.









2 comments:

  1. How fun! So what I now need is a brick wall enclosing my "garden" ... I don't know what I am going to do about the lake view!! Love the sneak peek from the showhouse!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gardens and grounds are Magnificent!
    My Grandmother had that exact tray! Will have to find out where it is today?
    Thanks for showing what you could.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...