Sunday, April 28, 2013

and so it begins...

Have you missed me this week? I have missed you... but I've had a standing appointment with my garden in ALL free moments available around work hours and car pool lines!

                              (Merci':DailyDoseofStuff)

I admit it... I am a true go-getter when it comes to getting my garden immediately "up to snuff" at the first sign of tolerable temps! I can often be found in the early hours of daylight toiling away (quietly for my neighbors sake) and working until darkness forces me inside! Most days I feel like this....


   (Merci': IKilledJackJohnson)




Many of the garden centers know me by name and greet me warmly and chuckle as I  run in and out sometimes multiple times in one day. They also marvel as I seem to have psychic abilities to know when trucks are arriving with the "goods"!


My SUV often looks like this....I have perfected the Art of squishing in as many plants as I can!


                 (Merci': Pinterest)

I am always just so excited to get to the business of outside living! As a Midwesterner, I gain and lose many of my outdoor rooms on a six month cycle every year. As my neighbor (an Arizona native) recently sighed as we discussed our earthly toils...." So much work and expense every six months...is it really worth it?"

Simply....YES!

Because within the month I will be living like this....



I have been working on some new outdoor room "tweaks and restyles"....which I will share very soon! How does your garden grow these days?

3 comments:

  1. WOW...
    I have to admit I am an Inside Gal! I admire all your talents and the fruits of your work.
    I would adore diner at that table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love being outside Emily ... and like you only have a few short months to enjoy it ... I take advantage of every minute ... can't wait to see what you do! I agree ... it is worth every penny ... although I really have been trying to invest in perennials so that I can get more than one year out of the expense!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just started working on ours. When we moved in we had bushes in the front that were so awful. It was like the eighties were calling and wanted their bushes back. Then we pulled everything out and just had mulch for months. Now that the weather is improving we're finally doing something about the yard. I'm sure the neighbors are thrilled!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...