Thursday, March 1, 2012

Let there be Light...

Lighting is one of those things that can "make or break" a space as many of you know...There are certain fixtures in my house that I have outgrown and so I am in the mood for new lighting. The trick is that I have certain requirements as one would- function, size, a specific aesthetic, etc....which all requires hitting the streets and the Internet to see what will work....here are a few wonderful pieces that have caught my eye recently...



I am redoing my entire living room (more on that in another post) and I want to put a chandelier over my cocktail table... I like the one above for it's elegance and bling!

This fixture might just be perfect for my entry hall... I don't think I will use the chandelier below but I thought it was very pretty...


Okay...this orb might really be the ticket in my living room...I have to wait for my furniture to arrive before making the final decision.


This chandelier is so pretty...still pondering....


This is a big contender too for my living room...a real stunner! It might be too big but I am crossing my fingers!!


This antique is real gem...but this one may be a wee too bit small! I sound like Goldilocks as she tries each of the Bears beds...this one is too big...this one is too small....





This lantern is a reproduction found at Romancing the Home. It, as well as a couple of the other chandeliers I featured on this post can be found there. I absolutely love this one but it is way too big for the space where I envisioned it working....isn't it beautiful though?


I'm getting excited about all the possibilities!!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful choices Emily. That would be tough to choose..I like them all. But, you're right about scale. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...